Connections is the New York Times’ latest word game that has become a popular social media hit. The game challenges players to find the common threads between four words in each set.
What is Connections?
- Connections is a daily word game where players must group four words that share a common theme.
- The game features 16 words, split into four categories.
- Players have four chances to correctly guess the four words in each set.
- The categories are color-coded, with yellow being the easiest and purple being the most difficult.
How to Play Connections
- Visit the Connections website or open the mobile app.
- Look at the 16 words and try to find the common thread between four of them.
- Select the four words that you think belong together.
- If you guess correctly, the words will be removed from the board.
- If you guess incorrectly, you will lose a chance.
- You have four chances to correctly guess all four words in each set.
Today’s Connections Categories
Today’s Connections Answers
- Sea Creatures: CRAB, RAY, SPONGE, SQUID
- Basic Two-Dimensional Shapes: CIRCLE, DIAMOND, SQUARE, TRIANGLE
- Boxing Maneuvers: BOB, CROSS, HOOK, WEAVE
- Fancy___: FEAST, FREE, PANTS, THAT
- You can rearrange and shuffle the words on the board to make it easier to spot connections.
- Pay attention to the color-coding of the categories. Yellow is the easiest and purple is the most difficult.
- If you’re stuck, you can use the hint button to get a clue about one of the categories.
- You can share your results with friends on social media.