If you’re watching True Detective: Night Country and have a lot of questions, you’re not alone. Here’s a comprehensive guide to the show, including behind-the-scenes info, clues, and theories.
What’s the Story?
In the fourth season of True Detective, Police Chief Liz Danvers and state trooper Evangeline Navarro investigate a chilling case in the cold, dark winter.
Where Can I Watch It?
True Detective: Night Country airs Sunday nights on HBO/Max at 9 p.m ET/PT.
What’s the Buzz?
- The show has been praised for its eerie atmosphere, compelling mystery, and strong performances.
- Some critics have found the show to be too slow-paced or confusing.
What Are Some of the Key Clues and Theories?
- The spirals that appear throughout the show could be a symbol of the characters’ inner turmoil or the cyclical nature of the case.
- The polar bears that appear in the show could be a symbol of the harsh, unforgiving environment or the characters’ own inner demons.
- The Dyatlov Pass incident, in which nine hikers died under mysterious circumstances in 1959, is referenced in the show and could be connected to the case.
What Are Some of the Most WTF Moments?
- The scene in which a character is found frozen to death in a car is particularly gruesome.
- The scene in which a character is attacked by a polar bear is also very intense.
The show is still airing, so it’s hard to say what will happen next. However, there are a few things we can speculate on:
- The identity of the killer will eventually be revealed.
- The characters will learn more about the mysterious long night.
- The show will end with a satisfying conclusion.
What to Watch While You’re Waiting for More True Detective: Night Country
- The X-Files
- John Carpenter’s The Thing